What you need to know ...
Newcomers - welcome to the JHC
Welcome to the Johannesburg Hiking Club.
We recommend you take note of the following when planning to join in on a Sunday hike.
- Print the on line form and take this with you, in order for the leader of the day to sign off the hike.
- The meeting place for Sunday hikes is Constantia Park. When making a booking for a booked Sunday hike, kindly check with the administrator.
- The meeting time is 07h45 (unless otherwise stated in the programme).
- A certain degree of fitness is necessary, as most hikes include a steep climb to the escarpment and the hikes can be adventuresome.
- Please wear strong takkies or preferably hiking boots which have been worn in, as most hikes are over rough terrain, i.e. no paths but bundu bashing.
- It is advisable to wear two pairs of socks.
- 2lts of water must be carried on all day hikes.
- Kindly carry your medical aid card or details with you at all times.
- Pack a suitable picnic lunch and some snacks to nibble.
- A sunhat and sun cream are necessary.
- Always have a rain coat and a jacket or warm top. Temperatures vary drastically, especially in storms.
- A day ruck sack is required in order for your items to be kept together and carried on your back.
- If a braai has been stated on the programme, you need to bring a plate, cutlery and whatever food/drink you require. The fire will be provided.
At the meeting point, complete the non member attendance register, pay the fee and if you require a lift let the leader of the day know.